Continuing themes explored in our previous episode, Memories of Murder and La Isla Minima, about series of murders set against a political turmoil in the 80’s, we discuss Pablo Trapero’s Argentinian 2015 drama movie El Clan.
Based on the real story about the Puccio family that kidnapped and murdered people in Buenos Aires, the movie gave us such a strong impression that we ended up talking most of our episode about the psychology behind these characters.
Spoilers: We talk openly about the whole plot, so if you are sensitive to spoilers you might want to first watch the movie.
- [00:00] – Introduction
- [03:00] – The premise and political background
- [12:30] – Not a traditional serial killer
- [18:45] – The oldest son
- [24:15] – The main actor
- [28:30] – Relation with the sons
- [38:15] – The long take in Secret In Their Eyes
- [43:00] – Back to analysing the father
- [49:30] – From Spain to Peru
- [57:15] – Act of Killing
- [1:01:30] – The points